Warnings & Precautions
The LipoBelt MD uses very cold temperatures as part of its Advanced Cold Targeting Technology. If any of the following apply to you, DO NOT start the program. Contact us for further consultation or consult with your doctor:
- Any degree of sensitivity to cold, or have any severe negative reactions to cold.
- Known history of injections into the abdomen (e.g., cortisone) within the past 6 months.
- Known history of cryoglobulinemia (abnormal blood proteins that thicken in cold temperatures), cold uticaria (large, allergic hives that occur when the skin is exposed to cold), or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria (sudden development of red blood cell breakdown causing hemoglobin [protein compound in the blood] in the urine).
- Taking amino- or theophylline for asthma, or has asthma.
- Have any dermatological conditions such as eczema or dermatitis in the area of intended treatment, or scars within the location of the treatment site(s) that may interfere with the treatment.
- Have recently undergone any surgical procedures on/near the intended treatment areas.
- Currently undergoing treatment(s) of other approved or unapproved drug or device that may have any negative and/or severe response to cold.
- Pregnant or intending to become pregnant in the next 9 months.
- Have given birth in the last 6 months.
- Breastfeeding or have been breastfeeding in the past 9 months.
- Any other condition that would potentially affect response or pose an unacceptable risk to the subject.
- Known liver problems.
- Diagnosed with cancer.
- Diagnosed with heart disease.
- Have an electronic implant (e.g. defibrillator or cardiac pacemaker) or any other implants at the intended treatment areas.
- Have been diagnosed with or suspected to have epilepsy.
- Have any serious illness or injury not mentioned above.
No Severe or long-term adverse reactions have been reported with the use of the LipoBelt MD or any other cold therapy treatments. You may potentially experience any of the following minor and temporary events immediately after use, and depending upon each person’s level of sensitivity to cold, will resolve within several minutes:
- Redness on the treated areas.
- Mild numbness or altered sensation from the cold.
- Slight tingling on the treated areas.
- Tenderness to the touch on the treated areas.
- Do not allow the cold pack to touch the skin. Doing so can cause injury, such as frost bite or freezer burns.
- The LipoBelt MD cold packs are NOT like other cold packs. The LipoBelt MD cold packs are specifically designed for Advanced Cold Targeting Technology, and are not intended for general use.
- Do not use the LipoBelt MD Abs at the same time as the LipoBelt MD Thighs and/or LipoBelt MD Arms. We recommend targeting a separate area at a different time. However, you may treat both thighs together, OR both arms together.
- Unless approved by your doctor, the LipoBelt MD system is intended for adults 18 years or older. Keep the LipoBelt MD system out of reach of children.
Discontinue use and consult your doctor if you experience any of the following:
- Continued heavy cramping at your target areas during use.
- Develop a severe rash at your target areas as a result of the cold.
- Feel dizzy, faint or unwell during /after use as a result of the cold.
Note: This product is not intended as a weight loss solution, nor is it intended to treat or cure any diseases, or to be used for purposes other than as prescribed in this program.